As the world continues to deal with COVID-19, millions of companies are doing its best to stay in operations. At the same time, the challenge is to keep employees and customers safe. According to the World Health Organisation, one of the best ways to ensure to prevent transmission of coronavirus is to keep surfaces clean. This should be done strictly in homes, offices and in communities. As a result, it is important to understand how to keep your surfaces and devices clean.
In this article, we will share some of our recommended process for cleaning and maintaining your Conker rugged devices safe for use.
WHO Cleaning Recommendations
Prevent Transmission in the Workplace
- Ensure workplaces are clean and hygienic – Surface contamination is a common issue in offices. Anything touched by employees or customers is one of the most common sources of infection. In other words, COVID19 can spread faster when you do not clean surfaces often. Therefore, to avoid this problem, offices must regularly disinfect surfaces such as desks and tables. Additionally, office equipment such as telephones, keyboard should always be cleaned.
- Promote handwashing – Employees should be encouraged to do regular and thorough handwashing. Moreover, if your workplace is open to contractors and customers this practice should be encouraged too. To do this, you can display safety reminders like posters. Furthermore, you can ensure that dispensers are regularly refilled and promote awareness through internal communications.
- Use 70% Ethyl Alcohol – For complete disinfection, use ethyl alcohol.
Conker Rugged Devices Cleaning Guidelines
Conker rugged devices are extremely reliable in various working environments. Additionally, it is easy to clean and maintain. Keeping your devices clean help ensure that transmission of diseases is limited. Here are some of the general guidelines in cleaning your Conker rugged devices.
- Use disposable latex gloves when disinfecting or cleaning surfaces.
- Remove cables, close port covers and doors to prevent ingress of solution.
- Power off your tablet or smartphone before cleaning. Unplug the power cord, as well as, any other connected devices.
- Use Isopropyl Alcohol 70% and 30% water solution.
- Use a clean and soft cloth to dry the surface. Never use rough materials for clean such as toilet paper or paper towels.
- Make sure to give added attention to difficult areas like unflattened areas, screw holes, finger touchpoints, uneven surfaces, etc. All of the unplugged cables should also be wiped clean.
- Conker’s rugged device are all IP65++ rated. However, it is not recommended to use sanitizer liquid spray directly on the cooling vents, display, or keyboards. Make sure to use a dry cloth or cleaning wipes as recommended above.
- All surfaces should be disinfected thoroughly and dried before turning on after cleaning. Make sure that there is no visible moisture on the surfaces of the product before turning on the power.
- Clean your hands after removing your gloves.
Recommended Disinfectants To Use
Conker has tested and selected some common disinfectants on most of our devices. The test that we made covers
Conker rugged devices and not the accessories. Below are the devices that have passed sanitization test.
Under normal operations, these devices are tested and sanitized using the solutions above are found to preserve full functionality. Conker does not promote or endorse any specific commercial cleaning brands nor does it guarantee its effectiveness.
This site is not a medical or health care advice website. All of the health care or medical advise shared here are relayed from the authorities for general information alone. It is not a substitute for professional advice. Moreover, before you take any action that are based on the recommendations above, Conker encourages you to consult your healthcare professional. The use of medical information contained on this site is solely at your own risk.