Rugged mobile devices are proving to be increasingly beneficial for a range of industries. In fact, dozens of industries are now choosing to use rugged devices as their main tool. Companies employing field workers who work under tough weather conditions have seen advantages of using these devices. Additionally, rugged devices with barcode scanners have become a staple tool in some of the fastest-growing sectors like manufacturing, retail, and courier.
The world completely changes in the face of COVID-10 challenges. For example, the delivery of products and services are now expected to be without any contact. As a result, rugged devices with barcode scanners help streamline any kind of operation. Additionally, it facilitates managed mobility without affecting productivity, efficiency, or work quality.
In our article today, we will take a look at the top rugged devices with barcode scanners that your enterprise can use.
Why Rugged Devices With Barcode Scanners Should Be Your Tool of Choice?
Managing company properties or products can be a very challenging task. Barcodes are a great tool to help businesses become more efficient. This tool allows organisations to track and store information in a very effective way. That is to say, barcode scanners are now a day-to-day tool in almost all kinds of industries.
In our previous blog, we have share basic information about barcode scanners. Importantly, we also shared why your business should be using one. We’ve included reasons such as reducing human error, improving speed, efficiency, and accuracy and more. Needless to say, barcode scanners should be an integral part of a business that is set to grow.
However, barcodes require an actual “reader” to even become usable. While there is a myriad of barcode scanners that you can use, utilising the correct one will provide even more benefit for your business in the long run.
Rugged devices with barcode scanners are the best choice because it allows flexibility and mobility. In addition, these reliable mobile handhelds are also made to last even when used in the most demanding environments.
What are Rugged Devices?
In another article, we have mentioned what rugged devices are. Rugged devices are hardware created especially to stand the harshest use in the toughest environments. Above all, rugged devices ensure that exposure to extreme temperatures, drops, water and dust ingress and shocks will not interfere with your business operation.
Why Rugged Devices With Barcode Scanner Is Better Than Regular Barcode Scanners?
Regular barcode scanners have served warehouses, manufacturing plants, and retail stores well for years. After all, regular barcode scanners do the job just right. Unfortunately, it does just that – one job. In addition, it was usually bulky, expensive, and prone to breakdowns. These days, manufacturing, retail, and logistics enterprises are utilizing ruggedized devices with barcode scanners to streamline operations, reduce waste and simplify communications.
- For Future- Proofing – Now, as the world is changing, many warehouses and manufacturing plants are preparing to future proof their operations by using rugged mobile devices.
- For Mobility – As warehouses and manufacturers go mobile, companies want industrial-grade barcode scanning capabilities. It should come from the same devices that every team member is using across the business.
- For Durability – Rugged devices are lighter, stronger, and better suited to physically demanding work environments.
- For the Value Beyond Just Scanning – Rugged devices are made to be a multi-purpose tool and not just for scanning, sending, and storing data. Most rugged mobile smartphones and tablets come with powerful cameras, GPS modules, and a range of other functionalities.
Best Rugged Devices with Barcode Scanners
Conker SX50: Best Rugged Android Device
The Conker SX50 is a powerful rugged device that will meet every business need. This rugged PDA offers a unique productivity-boosting angled barcode reader. This lightweight is only 250 grams, which means workers won’t have a hard time manoeuvring around areas in your indoor floor operations or outdoor assignments. Furthermore, this device is powered by Android 10, Octa-core processor, fingerprint reader, 4GB RAM/64 GB of storage and a lot more.
- Operating System: Android 10
- Ruggedness: IP67
- Display Size 5” toughened screen
- Processor: 2.0GHz Octa-core Helio CPU
- Storage: 4GB RAM / 64GB storage
- Camera: 8 Megapixel camera with flash
- Battery Life: 4,000 mAh battery = 9hrs video playback. 4hrs charge time
- Connectivity: Wifi, Bluetooth, 4G, GPS
- Additional Features: Fingerprint reader,
- Optional Features: Pistol grip, Single-Unit Docking station, Multi-Unit (4x handsets) Docking station (video below), Vehicle mount, Carry pouch with shoulder strap
Honeywell ScanPal EDA70: Reliable Budget Scanner
Honeywell’s ScanPal EDA70 Tablet is an excellent choice as a rugged device with a barcode scanner. This device is enterprise-ready, allows real-time connectively for important operations and is efficient in capturing data inside or outside. Scanning intensive kind of work will benefit greatly from this rugged device. ScanPal EDA offers a sleek and lightweight design and runs on the Android 7 platform.
- Operating System: Android 7 (Nougat) with GMS
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth, WLAN, Wi-Fi
- Display Size: 7 Inches with Capacitive Touchscreen
- Camera: 5MP
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 720
- Battery 4,000 mAh
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1: World’s Toughest
If you are looking for a reliable and excellent rugged device, the Toughpad FZ-E1 should be a top consideration. Workers will enjoy this device it is easy to use and has military-grade toughness. Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1 is a Windows Embedded 8.1 handheld operating system. Workers will have all the computing power that they need while on the go. This device can withstand harsh environments including harsh weather, dust, drops, and will encourage your workers to be productive.
- Operating System: Windows® Embedded 8.1 handheld OS
- Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi, optional 4G LTE WWAN with Satellite GPS – Dual SIM, Bluetooth® 4.0, NFC.
- Display Resolution and Size: 1280×720 500 NIT screen 10-point touch
- MIL-STD-810G. 10′ drop. IP65 and IP68 dust and water-resistant certification
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 720
- 14-hour rated user-replaceable battery.
Conker NS6 – The World’s Best Rugged Windows 10 Handheld
The Conker NS6 is the smallest fully Rugged Tablet with a full Windows OS in the industry. If your business needs the smallest and lightest Windows 10 device this is the best choice. It features all the functions of a full Windows 10 tablet or computer. And can be integrated with a 1D or 2D barcode scanning. This powerful device is IP65 ruggedised so your team will never have to worry about drops, water or dust ingress or more.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise
- Rugged: IP65 ruggedised
- Display Size: 6” Gorilla Glass touchscreen
- Processor: Intel Quad-core CPU
- Storage: 4GB RAM 64GB solid-state storage
- Camera: 5 Megapixel rear camera, 2 Megapixel front camera
- Battery: 5,000 mAh battery = 6hrs 20mins video playback at full brightness
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi dual-band (a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.2 (BLE), 3G dual-band cellular (unlocked), GPS (uBlox chipset)
Zebra XSLATE L10: Versatility Meets Functionality
Zebra XSLATE L10 is a versatile rugged tablet that offers a variety of features. This product promises to deliver more than enough computing power for businesses who are searching for a reliable tablet that has a barcode reading capability. This lightweight rugged is easy to carry even for long periods. In addition, since it is IP65 waterproof, your workers won’t have to worry when using this tablet in harsh environments.
- Display Size: 10.1″
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 660
- Memory: 64 GB eMMC
- Connectivity: 4G
- Storage: 4-16GB memory depending on model
- Camera: 13 MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera, with rear camera LED flash
- Optional Add-ons: Vehicle docking connector available
Honeywell RT10: Excellent Scanning Range
The Honeywell RT10 rugged tablet offers users the option to choose either Android or Windows for their operating systems. You can also opt to go to either 4G connectivity or Wi-Fi. This device is an excellent choice if your team is on the lookout for a rugged tablet. One of the best features that this device offers is the FlexRange scanner. Moreover, this device allows for scanning for both far and near ranges at a very quick pace. With an IP65 rating, your team won’t have to worry about breakdowns when working.
- Display Size: 10.1 in
- Processor: 2.2 GHz Qualcomm® 64-bit Snapdragon octa-core
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1200
- Overall Dimensions: 27.19 x 19.83 x 1.95 cm
- Network: WLAN, WLAN/WWAN
- Bluetooth Specifications: V5.0
- Scan Range: Standard Range, FlexRange FR
Xplore XSLATE B10: Excellent Value Tablet
The XSALTE B10 will help your team perform their tasks even in the harshest and most extreme environments. It comes with incredible ruggedness and connectivity. With a 10.1 screen size, this tablet is popular among field and warehouse workers who need to see the details quick. With its compact design, the XSLATE B10 is a mobile device that allows every worker to be efficient.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
- Processor: Intel Core i5-5350U Processor 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 8GBDDR3L 1600
- Display: 10.1 Rugged IPS LED-Backlit Display, 10-Finger Capacitive Touch
- Battery: Up to 8 hours battery Life
- Camera: 8 Megapixels Camera
Conker SX82 – Extra Powerful Rugged Android Tablet
One of the latest Android rugged devices offered by Tablet Technologies. The Conker SX82 takes a rugged step up from the previous Conker SX80. This improvement promises to be more rugged, has a larger battery capacity, bright 8″ display, and the latest Android Operating System. Therefore, teams looking for reliable and extra powerful rugged tablets should choose this device.
- Operating System: Android 10 + GMS
- Screen: Gorilla Glass 3 screen
- Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage
- Camera: 13MP rear auto-focus camera
- Battery: Massive 9,800mAh battery
- Rugged Rating: IP67 rugged
- Weight 700g
Datalogic TaskBook: Most Ergonomic
The Datalogic TaskBook features a unique but practical way to allow one-hand operation. That means if your team needs to do tasks with just one hand, this rugged device will be very helpful. In addition, the TaskBook offers an IP65 rating. Furthermore, you can also expect outstanding rugged computing, as well as, vehicle-mounted docking station.
- Operating System: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise
- Display Sizes: 7-inch WSVGA or 10-inch WXGA screens
- Camera: Integrated 5 MP camera, rear-facing
- Batteries: Hot-swappable batteries
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® wireless technology
Panasonic Toughbook FZ-N1: Outstanding Battery Life
The Toughbook FZ-N1 is a truly excellent rugged handheld. This device promises to be lightweight, slim, and powerful which is great for any kind of industry. It features a quad-core processor, warm-swappable battery, and multi-carrier 4G LTE. Reviews from workers share that this device has excellent battery life.
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1
- Processor: Industry-leading quad-core processor by Qualcomm®
- Connectivity: Dual SIM multi-carrier data support with
- Barcode Scanner: Angled barcode scanner drives productivity
- Long battery life: up to 24 hours
- All-weather IP65 and IP67 Dust and Water-resistant design
Is Rugged Device With Barcode Scanner For Your Business?
Barcode scanners have played a crucial role in ensuring efficiency in how warehouses, manufacturing, logistics, and retail delivers their services. Today, more and more enterprises are recognising the value of using a rugged mobile device that comes with a barcode scanner – because of its myriad of outstanding benefits.